BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Poem Reflection

The poem "To My Dear and Loving Husband" by Anne Bradstreet impresses me the most out of all of the other poems because I am able to see her genuine love for her husband. In this poem she is expressing how much her husband means to her and that she would not trade his love for anything, not even the riches in the east. I really admire this because I believe that what she feels for her husband is true and a lot of women would trade love for riches any day. Also i like that she compared him to such expensive materials because this proves that she is human and does think about materialistic things opposed to only God. Anne Bradstreet brakes the rules of Puritan Doctrine and shows that she is human with emotions of doubt and desperation, which I really like. Finally I really admire this poem because i believe that in real relationships, no matter how great they are, there is always some kind of doubt and she is not afraid to say or show this in her written.

~Other Poems by Anne Bradstreet:

0 comments: